標籤

2012-01-31

Week 1 - experience sharing about learning in workplace

I work in a secondary school as an ICT teacher. The management of my school is very tradition: it respects personal mastery of teachers but there is insufficient commutation between teachers and executives. According to Senge’s five principles, my organization could be described as below:

Personal mastery – the teachers in my school always teach for their professional subject, and the mobility of teachers in my school is low. Therefore the teachers usually have their own personal vision for the development of their own SUBJECT. However, they usually have no vision for the development of whole school.

Shared vision – the executives seldom provide their vision on school development. They only make their requests for the teachers to solve.

Mental models – teachers willing to share their opinions privately, but there are no common way for them to reflect to executives.

Team learning – there is almost no team learning in my school. My school doesn’t provide chance or system to encourage team learning, especially sharing among teachers.

Systems thinking – there is no systems thinking in my school. Teachers in my school usually take their focus on their subject; they seldom view the development of our school as a whole.

1 則留言:

  1. Oscar, thanks for your sharing. It is not easy to change the mindset and traditional learning for old and senior people. However, the top management of your college should take a leading role in motivating staff to accept and adapt the new change of system and policy. It seems that the Senge's five principles are difficult to be practised at your school.

    回覆刪除